Your Ad Here

Feb 2, 2007

2nd Feb, 2007

I appear to be getting better at tennis very slowly! A week long rest had pushed back the back pain that had crippled me more than a month back.

Today morning, while playing tennis, I was repeatedly distracted by jokes cracked by some other players in the court. I am sure the same is the situation with everyone.

But these guys seemed to be having a lot of fun! Fun of playing the game as well as fun of the lighthearted jokes cracked on expense of each other.

This left me wondering which is more desirable of the two -

Playing more seriously and with concentration to try and improve one's game?
Or taking a game at its face value - a game is after all meant to de-stress you and is meant to be enjoyable! So why take it so seriously?

Should we prefer fun at the expense of improvement or improvement at the expense of fun?

Hmmm... I wonder!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to correct you on this...A game is a game which needs to be taken seriously and sport is the one which you enjoy....SO "No game only Sport" Suits better....

Unknown said...

I think she's is very correct