Your Ad Here

Feb 6, 2007

I am bored!!


I was reading my subject, when finally I started getting bored!

Yeah! I was still reading when I reached the last line. And you are correct I am quite bored!

But not as bored as Mr. Mohanty's backyard. He is the guy two plots from my house. A nice cheerful man he is. And he has been trying to bore a tube well in his backyard for the past 4 days. That huge machine has already bored several deep holes in his backyard, and also bored everyone in the neighborhood with its daily rumbling.

Take Mrs. Shanti for instance. She is leaving for Puri today, not out of any religious sentiments, but to avoid the daily noise from Mr. Mohanty's backyard. Not that she herself is any less noisy. You should hear her argue with any woman from the street! She can out pitch just about everyone. The poor old Dr. Das comes to collect his daily ration of milk with cotton plugs in his ears to avoid her noisy blabber.

Those cotton plugs probably cost him nothing. Maybe he gets them from his hospital. No, they don’t cost him anything. But they could cost him his life once when he was crossing the street and couldn't hear the honking of Miss Somali’s car!

Miss Somali is the sweetest and prettiest young thing in the neighborhood! Any man, young or old would love to get as close to her as possible, except when she is in her car! It is not her fault actually, the car is very jealous of everyone else, and jumps forward to strike down anyone who tries getting close to Miss Somali. And you should hear it when it roars its disapproval! No, Miss Somali is not a bad driver... it is certainly the car. How can someone so sweet and pretty be a bad driver?

You want to know who is the bad driver? It is my screw driver! It is all bent and twisted after I forced it to unscrew an unusually tight screw. Probably as tight a screw as Miss Parbati. Everyone will vouch for it. She is the tightest screw around.

Coming to think of it, I have already screwed up a lot of time. Although I was bored, but I don't think screwing is an answer to boredom!

No comments: